This page lists organizations that may be helpful to parents of children with feeding tubes. It includes both general organizations and condition-specific organizations, as well as helpful programs. If you would like your organization added, please contact us.

General Organizations

GI Conditions

  • APFED – Eosinophilic Disorders
  • CURED – Eosinophilic Disorders
  • FARE – Food Allergies
  • G-PACT – Gastroparesis
  • FPIES Foundation – Food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome
  • CVSA – Cyclic vomiting syndrome

Condition-Specific Organizations

Travel Assistance

Many children need to travel to larger children’s hospitals in order to receive specialized care and surgery. Travel can be quite expensive, but there are are ways to reduce costs. Here are just a few:

  • Medicaid will typically pay for some travel costs for medical care. Ambulance or air ambulance is typically covered, but transportation, lodging, and even meals may be covered for your child and one adult as well.
  • Insurance may also cover some travel expenses, but this varies widely by insurer. Ambulance, including air ambulance, is usually covered.
  • Income Taxes: Medical travel, including lodging, some meals, and transportation expenses, may be deducted from your taxes or paid tax-free with a flexible spending account.
  • Charities: Some charities provide transportation assistance, particularly air transportation services. A list is provided below.